Articles, Status Updates, and More...
Thursday, December 1, 2011by The BWD Team in Content Creation
Last month, Hubspot Blog observed that unfortunately, great content does not always lead to success. There are many factors you must consider before writing your new blog post. To ensure that your content positively influences your blog, consider the following suggestions.
Six Content Tips
- Target Audience Appropriate Topic – The central topic or idea behind your blog is the most important aspect to consider when writing for the web. You must make sure that your topic is appropriately targeted towards your blog’s audience. In order to do this, take the extra time to understand and analyze your audience, then review your idea, and make any necessary changes.
- Attention-Grabbing Title – Your reader’s first impression is almost always established with the title of your article or new blog post. Without a compelling and eye-catching title, your content remains hidden. A great heading should be short, concise, clear, and most of all interesting to your target audience.
- Detail Check – Details such as spelling and grammar count … a lot! Think back to an instance when you were reading a great novel or blog, and you found a typo. Did it cause a disruption in your reading? In order to avoid such errors, have a friend or colleague proofread and edit your work.
- Blog Promotion – Promote, promote, promote! This can’t be stressed enough. Besides, you’ve worked hard on your blog and you want others to read it and enjoy it. Share your latest blog post via social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter and work with companies like BW?D to pursue other forms of promotion.
- Sharing Tools – You don’t have to be the only one who promotes your work. Encourage your blog’s readers and fans to do the same by incorporating social media sharing buttons (Facebook and Twitter), on your blog. Last month, Hubspot Blog stated that including a twitter share button on your blog leads to at least seven times more blog mentions. What are you waiting for?
- SEO – Effective search engine optimization (SEO) will help your content receive the exposure it deserves. Identify keywords that are appropriate for your business, and use these throughout your blog in titles, tags, and blog posts. BW?D offers a number of SEO services to guarantee the placement of your blog in search engine result pages as well. Click here to learn more about SEO and link building for blogs.
These tips serve as a guide to proper content optimization. Remember, great content does not mean successful content. Think before you write.
Categories & TagsAdSense advertising Adwords analytics Blogger browser CMS conversion conversion optimization design discount e-commerce e-mail marketing Facebook Facebook pages Feedburner font pick of the month fonts future posts Google how to IE 7 KISSmetrics link building marketing news feed newsletters photos Pinterest plugins redesign relaunch SEO seo for blogs series small business social media social media for business social networks spam tips Twitter updates user experience WordPress writing
Sign up for our mailing list and receive special offers and our monthly newsletter!